These little beauties are so, so easy to make, and so, so easy to devour. I’m not sure that’s a good thing, but for today, let’s just say that it is. 😀 It’s been a warm summer and we needed something cool to eat. Something..graham cracker-y, and cheescake-y topped with a little bit of fruit. BINGO!! Mini cheesecakes entered our life. We’re so glad to have them come and stay. 😉
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker
- 8 TBL margarine-melted
- 8 TBL sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- strawberries or any other fruit to top cheesecake with
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line miniature muffin tins with miniature paper liners.
- Crush the graham crackers until a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter. When melted, mix in 8 TBL. of sugar until well mixed.
- Combine the crumbs with the butter mixture.
- Press into the lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 10 minutes, watching it closely to make sure it doesn’t burn.
While the crust is cooking, make the cheesecake:
*In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice until light and fluffy.
* When the crust has cooled completely, fill each miniature muffin liner with the cheesecake mixture, almost to the top.
* Top with a teaspoonful of cherry pie filling.
*Eat immediately or store in the fridge until ready to eat.
(Just a side note: the crust might get a little soft the longer you wait to eat it. I suggest eating it ASAP. You’ll thank me later. :D)