I know..I can hardly believe it myself!! Who would have thought that ROLO’s and COOKIES belonged together. Well..that person is a genius. Just sayin’! I first saw this recipe at one of my most favorite food sites here. Her pictures are amazing. No..Ah-Mazing!! Maybe she invented these sweet treats. I don’t know. But what I do know is that these cookies are absolutely delish. Chocolat-y…carmel-y…melt in your mouth, sinfully bad for you delicious. (and did I mention super easy to make??) The ingredients are few, which is an added bonus because really, when it comes down to it, who wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen when you could be doing other meaningful things like..taste testing other food. 🙂 I’ve officially decided that these cookies will be on my Christmas neighbor gift list. So if you’re my neighbor..be prepared for these to grace your taste buds. 🙂
Here’s the recipe as told by Buns In My Oven. *my additions are in parenthesis*
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- Rolo candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Mix together the first three ingredients.
- Grab a small piece of dough, about half the size of a golf ball, and roll it into a ball.
- Smoosh it flat, place a Rolo in the center, and then close the dough around the Rolo. Repeat until all of the dough is used. (after we covered the Rolo’s, we rolled the dough ball gently until it was a nice circle.)
- Bake for about 9 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Delicious served warm or at room temperature.
I would love it if you tried these and let me know how you like them. 😀